The first thing that comes to one's mind when they hear Indian cuisine is "spicy." Well, we would like to break stereotypes because there is so much more to Indian food than "spicy." Food plays a prominent role in satisfying our physical, mental, and emotional needs.
Indian cuisine is represented by a distinct blend of spices. It's full of aromatics, unique flavors, and fresh ingredients, all of which are essential components of a great culinary experience. Here are some top reasons why you should try Indian Cuisine.
A unique blend of spices with a pleasant aroma
The Indian food is full of medicinal and healing characteristics because of the usage of spices like turmeric, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, and mustard, to name a few. Not only do these spices enhance the flavor of food, but the appropriate combination of them also provides health benefits.
- Cardamon has antioxidant capabilities and creates molecules that aid in the fight against cancer cells.
- Turmeric's health benefits include antiseptic characteristics, anti-inflammatory effects, and use as a medical herb for arthritis and stomach, skin, liver, and gall bladder issues. Used in Milk (Haldi Dudh), Indian curries.
- Ginger's health advantages include relief from nausea, discomfort, inflammation, colds, and coughs, as well as aiding digestion. Used in a variety of curries; also served with tea.
- Cumin's health benefits include antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory qualities and the ability to aid weight loss. Used in Murukku (a South Indian snack) and Indian curries.
- Coriander has antimicrobial and antifungal qualities and the ability to decrease blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol levels.
Indian Food is Healthy
Indians adore veggies and use them to their full potential in the kitchen. Vegetables are prepared in a variety of ways to ensure that their freshness and nutritional content are preserved. The majority of Indian cuisine is done in such a way that the veggies utilized retain their nutritional advantages while also making the food more pleasurable. Unlike other cuisines, which typically involve numerous cooking processes that cause nutrients to lose their health advantages, Indian cuisine allows you to appreciate its uniqueness in terms of both health and taste. Some healthy Indian dishes are:
- Rajma Chawal is a dish consisting of kidney beans cooked with a few spices and served with steaming rice. A 114gm cup has about 120 calories and 5gms of protein per serving.
- Sambar Dal is a thick stew prepared with chickpeas, lentils, and a unique blend of spices. 50 calories, 15.0 grams of protein, 2.6 grams of carbs, and 1.8 grams of fat.
- Buttermilk is a fermented dairy beverage. Per cup, there are 100 calories and 2 grams of fat.
- Tandoori chicken — marinated in yogurt, seasoned with tandoori masala, and roasted with a variety of spices 260 calories, 13.0 grams of fat, 5.0 grams of carbs, and 30.5 grams of protein.
Cooked in Traditional Method
Some foods are prepared in the traditional manner that has yet to be surpassed by urbanization. These foods have maintained their distinctive features, flavors, and health advantages. Traditional Indian cuisine uses fresh ingredients and starts from the ground up, resulting in fewer preservatives and healthier food on platters. There are enough reasons to try the dishes at least once in one's life! Here are some must-try Indian dishes that are traditionally cooked.
- Cottage cheese cooked in spinach paste is known as Palak Paneer.
- Kaali daal - soaked black lentils cooked in clarified butter with a pinch of asafetida.
- In North India, chhole - chickpea curry – is a popular side dish served with rice or Indian flatbread.
- Malai Kofta - Meatballs made with vegetables, block cheese, and a variety of seasonings.
- Butter Chicken is a dish made with chicken, Kasuri Methi, yogurt, and a variety of spices and sauces.
Indians love their bread
Unleavened chapati, flaky paratha, and puffy tandoori-cooked naan, whether drizzled with ghee or packed with dried fruit and nuts in Kashmiri style, are the most popular. To complete your meal, all you need is a delicious Indian curry and a basket of garlic naan.
Delight your taste buds with delicious Indian cuisine today at Tabla India Restaurant! Tabla is an authentic Indian restaurant present in three different locations in Florida: Orlando, Winter Park, and Lake Nona. We serve excellent Indian food in a relaxing ambiance. Discover a variety of Indian cuisine, handcrafted and perfected by our chef, today!